“I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity.”Gilda Radner

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Just Another Day...

1.  Noah has to have his bowels "retrained" due to lifelong constipation issues.  Doctor's order?  Drink 64 ounces of Gatorade mixed with an explosive level of Miralax in a four hour period to "cleanse" his bowels.  I've tried it three times.  All times, at the end of the four hours, he's taken two sips of the first serving and declared, "I saw you put that poop sugar in my drink, and I am NOT drinking it."

2.  Joey watched Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader and managed to unravel that it is based on Christianity.  He led me into a theological discussion, including an ongoing list of "quotable moments" from all the Narnia movies to support his ideas.  I ADORE THIS CHILD.

3.  Noah watched Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader, saw a girl reunite with her mother after all seemed lost, leaned over, and whispered, "I'm worried about you, Mommy.  I don't ever want to not have you."

4.  Noah has literally eaten the face off of at last three of his favorite stuffed animals.  Can you call them "loveys" when they've been mutilated?

5.  I was in the middle of laundry/dishes/cleaning (do other people end up doing these things all at once?) when Noah looked up from his coloring and said, "Momma, would you like to join me?"  Who can say no to that?

6.  Joey has to read a book of his choice out loud to his class.  He chose a Batman reader, level 2.  I made him practice it with me first, but there was no need.  He read the word "entrepreneur" without help.  Did I mention that I ADORE THIS CHILD?

7.  At bedtime last night, Joey called me back in the room just to say, "Hey, I love ya."

8.  Noah has a cold.  It makes him miserable and whiny and generally disagreeable.  When it was time to take Joey to school, Noah collapsed on the floor in angry heap and said, "I am NOT going."  I said, "Okay, see you later!"  He chased me all the way to the door yelling, "Wait!  Wait!  Wait for ME! I'm coming!  I'm COMING!!"

9.  While watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Noah said (surrounded by tissues and boogers), "And of course I'll need my Spy Gear.  Especially the finger laser."

10.  Joey had to bring Timbits (doughnut holes) as the class snack because I'm a bad mom who forgot it was his snack day.  (I'm a stay-at-home mom; I really have no excuse.)  Of course, you can't drive Noah through Tim Hortons without him feeling totally destroyed if HE doesn't get something, so I got him his own Timbits on the side.  He was mad he didn't get the 40 pack and yelled the whole way home.

11.  Noah yells often.

12.  I'm really tired.

(added late) 13.  Noah just stepped on hand and crushed all the bones.  I said, "Ow!" and he glared and me.  He said, "Well you DO have to watch out."

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the late update... #13 is my favorite. So practical... I ADORE THAT CHILD.

    ReplyDelete