“I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity.”Gilda Radner

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Can you tell me?

So I've been blogging for a few months now.  It started for two reasons.  I used to write all the time and wanted to get back to it again, so there's that.  There's also the fact that Joe had been away often this past fall, and the stories about our kids were just too long for texts and emails.  Well, maybe not for emails, but emails don't have the same pizzazz.  And if you know me, you know I'm all about the pizzazz (although for some reason I keep accidentally typing "pizzass").

I didn't expect to become as hooked on this as I am, and I also didn't expect to become as OBSESSED with my blogger dashboard as I am.  More specifically, I really enjoy checking the Stats.  People from Russia read my blog?  Can they even understand it?  And someone from Germany.  A down-home kind of girl, I'm not really exciting enough to know people from other countries--not even Canada.  Oh, wait.  I DO know someone who lives in Canada.  At least, I think I do.  She might have moved back.

Anyway, even MORE fascinating than reader location is reader's choice.  There is overwhelming disproportion in which posts gets read.  At first I chalked it up to who's online and who really has time TODAY to read MY silly blog, but then one post got 75% more hits than any other one.  I considered its topic--my husband Joe--and thought, okay, for whatever WEIRD reason, people like reading about him.  But then another post a few weeks later was about a different topic altogether, and it, too, had a spiked readers' count.

Over time, I can't really figure out what makes one thing better to read than another.  I'm hoping that you might comment or email me and let me know what it is.  I'm not saying I'll write more of those posts, since this is strictly whim and fancy on my part, but you WILL be satisfying my overwhelming curiosity, which makes you a nice(r) person.

So please tell me.  Do you have a favorite post?  Is there something you like to read about more than the rest?

P.S.--I felt a little funny making this a post, but Joe said he thought it would be okay.

1 comment:

  1. I like reading the stories about the kids the most.... especially the funny ones. Your husband does seem pretty fantastic, though.

    ReplyDelete