“I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity.”Gilda Radner

Monday, December 12, 2011

A Little Sticky

"Noah, do you smell bad?"

"No."

"I think you smell pretty bad.  Should we go potty?"

"I think we should.  And you know, my pants are a little wet."

"They're wet???  Where??"

"Right here."  Noah pats his bottom.  "And a little icky on my right leg."

Grab him by the armpits, run him to the bathroom.

One tiny pellet drops out his pant leg.

Yank off his pants, searching frantically for more.  Place him on the potty.

Still searching for the rest of the poop.

"I'm pretty sure it's there, Mom.  Check the right leg."

Inside the pants is total darkness.  Shaking the pants with fervor.  Can't believe it, but must get a flashlight.

Can't believe it, the only working flashlight in the house is his mini Buzz Lightyear one.

Shining Buzz Lightyear into Noah's pants to find missing poop.

Step out of kitchen, see two more brown pellets.

Start to grab Clorox wipes, when yelling ensues.  "MO-OM! I GOED!"

Run into bathroom, Clorox wipes in hand, knocked over by odor.  Must get different sort of wipes.

Decide to just clean everyone and everything.

"Mommy?  Why are you Mommy Pat?  Why are you not just Mommy?  Why do you have a Pat, too?  Other people don't have a Pat."

"Because that's what my parents named me."

"Oh.  Hmm.  Can you get me new undies?  These ones are a little sticky."

2 comments:

  1. Keep fighting the good fight. Oliver was the same way, but then miraculously, he just potty trained--even overnights! We bribed him with a new train set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the hardest part is that he IS potty-trained. He knows exactly what he's doing!

    ReplyDelete